Saturday, February 14, 2009

Puja Session- Footsteps in my heart


PUJA is the act of showing reverence to a god, a spirit, or another aspect of the divine through invocations, prayers, songs, and rituals. An essential part of puja for the Buddha devotee is making a spiritual connection with the divine. Most often that contact is facilitated through an object: an element of nature, a sculpture, a vessel, a painting, or a print.

During puja an image or other symbol of the god serves as a means of gaining access to the divine. This icon is not the deity itself; rather, it is believed to be filled with the deity's cosmic energy. It is a focal point for honoring and communicating with the god. For the devout Hindu, the icon's artistic merit is important, but is secondary to its spiritual content. The objects are created as receptacles for spiritual energy that allow the devotee to experience direct communication with his or her gods.

This is the first time I attend Puja session organized by BDFA since last year. I feel great to be reunion with my old friends` sisters and brothers that I respect and look up to. When I walk into the place I feel hospitality from Sis Allison. She is sweeping the floor. So she greet me and ask about me~ Sure to be humble and tell her that I feel like wanting to come. Later, I meet with Mr. & Mrs Sim. Both of them are so nice and I recalled those "un-reflashable" memories in the August camp and Yoga camp. I walk around and investigate. I see pictures of mine on the whiteboard with a magnet on it. Wow~ I have been limelight ! Ha-ha.

After this, I try to do some chores instead standing like an insane or a numb dumb. I help to mop the floor. Wow! Maybe deal to my height the mop seems to kill my back bone and waist. Pain pierce through my vein. Too sissy* I think for myself. I still manage to finish the dos. Bathing on the water-flowing marble floor, I sweep away the rotten-flowers-and-leaves.

I perspired. Beats of my sweat lined down through my forehead. I feel my shirt plastered on my skin. Uncle Wong ring the bell as the Puja session going to start very soon. Uncle Sim chuckled as shares that the debris in the yard can hardly been cleared. So no need to be too serious about it.

I ducked inside by shading the water droplets that remained on my leg and ankle on the half wet box pad. Sure the comfortable mat manage to suck off all the water droplets. Thanks. I offer, chant that lead by Bro Jason and eat my lunch there. I feel like a innocent bloodsucker that finish my host's share. Thanks for the Tiramisu cake made by my friend. Nice and good job. Noodles, and fried food. All of them taste good. Finger licking good. Finished my lunch, I manage to chat with Bro Jason. Sharing his routine and future plan.

Here I leave and I look forward to next week, I promised from the abyss of my heart to come again. I feel contented by scarifies time and energy here. I feel good after all. Sadhu (3x) I will also look forward to the camp in May.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home